The Grounds Maintenance Division is responsible for the routine maintenance of more than 75 Public Properties throughout the city. This includes Parks, Public Buildings, city owned lots, and other areas which require maintenance. Some examples include the Municipal Courthouse, Vineland Volunteer Fire Departments, Police Athletic League, Senior Center, and the Maurice Fels School (home of the Vineland Wrestling Association).
The Division also handles all pesticide operations throughout the city, which included interior and exterior pesticide services and inspections.
Services provided by the Division include, but are not limited to:
- Integrated Pesticide Management
- Property Cleanups
- Public Property Litter Patrol
- Bus Shelter Maintenance
- City Road Guardrail Maintenance
- Snow and Ice Removal
- City Land Improvements
- City Events
During the winter season, the Grounds Maintenance Division keeps all sidewalks abutting or within city owned grounds, and city owned parking lots free of snow and ice. In addition, they assist the Road Division by plowing snow and putting down salt on city roads during snow events. They also pick up bagged leaves and Christmas trees at curbside for residents.
The Grounds Maintenance Division takes pride in keeping the City of Vineland clean and manicured so that the residents and visitors to the city can use and enjoy well-maintained grounds.
REPORT A PROBLEM ON CITY ROADS OR PUBLIC PROPERTY
Vineland residents can always submit non-emergency service requests 24 hours a day via the service request portal located on the city website. Click Here To report issues such as potholes on city streets, damaged or missing signs, tree or brush maintenance concerns, road sweeping needs, drainage issues, graffiti, illegal dumping, code enforcement violations, and more.
Vineland Parks Information
Burnt Mill Pond, Delsea Drive / Arbor Avenue
This 20.95-acre area features a picnic area and a 20-acre fishing pond with a boat ramp.
Anthony Campanella, Sr. Park, 429 W Elmer Road
The park was named after former Mayor Anthony Campanella, who decided in 1998 to renovate and reopen South Vineland park. The park features a 20-acre fishing lake with dock and boat ramp which is stocked yearly with fish. It also has a disc golf, sand volleyball area, picnic pavilion, restroom facility, and a large nature trail around the lake. Anthony Campanella park is the home of the Vineland Police Athletic League’s annual Kids Fishing Derby.
Samuel L. Clark Park, 304 W Plum St
The park was named in 2003, after community activist and public servant, Samuel L. Clark. The park is in the heart of Center City and sits next to the Carl V. Arthur Recreation Building, which is the home to the Boys & Girls Club of Vineland. The park features a 25’ x 50’ public pool, basketball court, handball court, and playground.
Roberto Clemente Park, 785 S 7th Street
Roberto Clemente Park was named after one of Major League Baseball’s all-time greats. The park features a lighted men’s softball field; tennis, handball, and basketball courts; a playground; and picnic areas. This park encompasses over four acres.
Dr. Charles Cunningham, Jr. Park, 1676 N West Avenue
Dr. Charles Cunningham, Jr. was a longtime civic leader and philanthropist, as well as a family physician in Vineland. He served as the City of Vineland Health Director for 25 years and donated this piece of land to the City. This 14.86-acre site is the home of the Vineland Challenger League and North Vineland Little League. The park features a lighted and turf infield Challenger Baseball field, three baseball fields, and a softball field. It also includes the Rotary Clubhouse, an ADA Playground, picnic area, and restrooms.
Aldo Fiocchi Park, 1755 Galli Drive
Aldo Fiocchi donated this beautiful land which was subsequently named in honor of him. This 17.69-acre park is home to the East Vineland Little League and Vineland Pigtail Softball League. It features two lighted softball fields, three lighted baseball fields, two non-lighted baseball fields, a clubhouse, restrooms, the Sandy Gee Playground, and Sandy Gee Indoor Batting Cages.
Frank A. Tejeras Park, Mercury Way / Neptune Drive
This park and playground was dedicated to City leader, Frank A. Tejeras. Mr. Tejeras was one of the original organizers of the Puerto Rican Festival and served on various community organizations in the City. This park features a picnic area, large open grass area, and playground.
Landis Park. 500 E Park Avenue
Veteran’s Circle is the focal point of Landis Park. This historically registered area pays tribute to the patriots of Vineland who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country’s freedom. Landis Park totals 30-acres and also three baseball fields used primarily by our Little Leagues, a softball field, playground, picnic areas, entertainment pavilion, disc golf course, and a large walking path.
Landis Avenue “Pocket Parks”
The four corners of Landis Avenue and West and East Boulevards feature War Memorials as well as a City Time Capsule. The corners, which are the western gateway to “The Ave,” feature water fountains, as well as artifacts from past wars. In 2018, a mural by local artist George Perez was painted on the wall of a building on the South West Corner park. This mural pays homage to our service members, past and present. The park on the South East Corner contains the Millennium Pyramid and the North East Corner features a war memorial and the United States Armed Forces Recruiter Station.
Albert V. Giampietro Memorial Park, 3231 E Landis Avenue
The park was named after former Mayor Albert V. Giampietro, The 52-acre park includes a 10- acre lake with boat ramp, a six-acre conservation area, fitness course, playground area, two picnic pavilions, a wooded picnic area, disc golf course, and an Amphitheater.
John C. Gittone Park, 2035 E Oak Road
The park was named after Mayor John C. Gittone who served from 1937 to the mid-1950s. The park is 13-acres and features a softball field, cricket field, two lighted basketball courts, tennis courts, a wooded picnic area, playground area, and horseshoe pits.
Carmen Gonzalez Park, 6th and Almond Streets
The 1.5-acre Gonzalez Park shares space with the Gloria Sabater School and features two lighted basketball courts, three lighted handball courts, a playground, and practice baseball field.
Howard B. Pagliughi Park, 2245 E Magnolia Road
Howard Pagliughi Park features lighted tennis courts and the Frank Giordano Memorial Basketball Courts, which are home to the Vineland Basketball Association. The park also includes two softball fields, a baseball field, Tee Ball field, playground, sand volleyball court, wooded picnic area, and a restroom facility.
Joseph E. Romano Sports Complex, 1911 Maple Avenue
The park, which recognizes one of Vineland’s former Mayors, includes lighted soccer fields, a baseball field, and football field. This complex also features the Ernie Marcacci one-quarter mile walking/running track, a walking path, playground, and restroom facility.
Mill Road and Walnut Road Park, 1271 S Mill Road
The park includes a 50/70 baseball field, playground, picnic area, handball and basketball courts.
Normandie Lane Park, 237 W Chestnut Avenue
This 11-acre park, which is the home of the Vineland Midget Football League, features lighted basketball and tennis courts, football practice fields, a baseball field, and football clubhouse.
West Earl Drive Mini Park, 762 W Earl Drive
This park is equipped with a playground for the children of the area to gather and play outdoors.
West Side Park, 2680 W Almond Rd
This beautiful nature area features a picnic pavilion and canoe ramp alongside the Maurice River.
Willow Oak Nature Preserve, 4106 E Landis Avenue
Willow Oak Nature Preserve totals 71.43-acres and features nature trails as well as a 20-acre bird observatory field. Parking can be found on Landis Avenue or Maple Avenue with signs showing the layout of the trails and various species of plants and trees which can be found along the course of the trails.