Skip to main content

Customer Service/Billing

Our Customer Service mission is to answer Vineland Municipal Utility inquiries in a knowledgeable, timely and friendly manner.  We accept connect, disconnect and transfer of service orders for electric and water utilities.  We also answer billing inquiries as well as make payment arrangements on outstanding balances.  For customer service please dial (856) 794-4021. (Monday—Friday from 8:30 a.m.—5:00 p.m.)

Customer Service/Billing Inquiries

For all Customer Service and Billing inquiries such as request for disconnect, connect, transfer of service, and billing issues, please dial (856) 794-4021.

Emergency Service or Reporting of Outages

For after hours emergency service or to report an outage, please call our emergency number at (856) 794-4280.

Water Service or New Construction

For water service or new construction please dial (856) 794-4056.

New Construction or Electric Metered Service

For electric service for new construction or electric metered service, please dial (856) 794-4300.

Medical Alert Support

If you or someone who lives with you is dependent on electrically operated life-support equipment, you may apply for special consideration in case of interruption of service. If you provide us with a statement from your doctor and the company supplying the equipment, you will be given priority in the service restoration. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, nor can we always predict how long an outage will last, but we will make every attempt to restore service as soon as possible. Please print and fill out the medical alert form below, and fax it or bring it to our Customer Service Department along with a statement from your doctor and the company supplying the equipment.

If approved, Medical Alert will remain active on your account for one (1) year. At that time, if it still applies, please submit a new medical application for consideration. For more information call (856) 794-4021.

Medical Alert Form

Connecting Service Information


If you have purchased a home, proof of ownership in the form of a deed, agreement of sale, or settlement paperwork is required along with a completed Application For Service Request Form.

Homeowners are not required to pay a deposit for service.  A $15 service connection charge for electric and a $25 service connection charge for water will be included in your first utility bill.  If you owe an outstanding balance for electric and/or water service at a previous location in Vineland, the outstanding balance must be paid before service can be provided at the new location.

If you are renting, a lease, photo ID and occupancy permit is required along with a completed application for service form click here.  If a lease was not provided, written proof of tenancy from your landlord is required. Renters are required to pay a deposit of $100.  A $200 deposit is required from renters with electric heat.  A $15 connection service charge will be added to your first utility bill.  Tenants are not required to submit an application for service form for water service.  If you owe an outstanding balance for electric service at a previous location in Vineland, your outstanding balance must be paid before service can be provided at the new location.

We do not provide same day service.  Your application for service form along with all required documents must be submitted 24 hours before service is needed.

Email your completed application for service form and copies of required documentation to:

Payment Information


We accept payments in person in the form of Cash, Check, or Money Order.  Payments in the form of a Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover), Debit Card, e-check, and AutoPay are accepted through our website. Click here to make an online payment.  A processing fee of $3.25 will be charged by the third party payment processing vendor.

Payment Arrangements

If you are having trouble paying your bill you may be eligible for a payment arrangement. Please contact our customer service department at 794-4021. It is important that we discuss account information with the party of record. A representative will review your account and advise you of your options. If an arrangement is offered to you, it must be kept to ensure service. If the service is disconnected for non-payment, we are unable to guarantee a time of restoration. Usually your service will be reconnected the same day.

Listed below are assistance organizations that may be able to provide assistance to you should you have trouble paying your bill:

Tri County Community Action Agency — 856-451-6330

Salvation Army — 856-696-5151

Catholic Social Services — 856-691-1841

Social Services — 856-691-4600

Tony Quigley

Director of Customer Service

856-794-4000, ext. 4345


Quick Navigation To Other City Entities

Economic Development
Police Department
Fire Department
Health Department
Municipal Utilities
Close Menu
Skip to content