The City of Vineland is partnering with Bianca’s Kids, an award-winning nonprofit organization based in South Jersey, to support Vineland High School juniors and seniors who may be in need. if you are a parent or guardian, grandparent, relative, family friend, or member of the clergy who knows of a VHS junior or senior 18 years of age or younger struggling with physical, emotional, or financial issues, we encourage you to submit a wish request.
Typical wishes which could be granted to VHS students follow. However, these are only ideas, so don’t be afraid to submit your request should the student need something different. Also, if you are not a family member of the wish recipient, you should obtain permission from a parent or guardian of the child before you submit a wish on their behalf as all photos/information submitted to Bianca’s Kids from your wish will be made public if your wish is chosen to be granted. Ideas include:
- Basic needs such as clothing, school supplies, food, and toiletries
- Dorm kits ($500 value) which would provide a needy student going away to college with everything they need for their dorm room (comforter set, lamp, towels, shower shoes, desk items, etc.)
- Bedroom makeovers
- Scholarships for individuals wishing to learn a trade or obtain a certification for gainful employment
- Senior trip fees
- Tutoring fees
- Organized sports fees and/or costs for uniforms, cleats, sneakers, etc.
- A car (Bianca’s Kids gives away one car a year, used and in good condition