The Streets and Roads Division is responsible for the maintenance of Vineland’s 259 miles of city streets and roads. There are an additional 121 miles of roadways which fall within the boundaries of the city that are maintained by the Cumberland County Department of Public Works and the State of New Jersey Department of Transportation.
If you would like to report a particular road related problem in the City of Vineland such as a pothole, malfunctioning traffic signal, damaged sign, and more, please click here to determine the appropriate jurisdiction and reporting method.
- Salting and plowing city roads during winter conditions.
- Keeping the city right-or-way clear of ice and snow on Landis Avenue.
- Keeping the city parking lots and parks clear of snow.
- Salt brining of city roads when warranted.
- Keeping city roadways free of dirt and debris.
- Keeping city parking lots and parks free of dirt and debris.
- Keeping the city right-of-way free from dirt and debris on Landis Ave.
- Periodic cleaning of storm sewer drains throughout the city.
- Maintaining the function and integrity of storm sewers throughout the city.
- Maintaining proper outflow of water throughout the city.
- Pot hole repairs on all city roadways.
- Small overlays to maintain city roadways.
- Maintenance of Municipal Utility cut outs.
- Placement and repair of traffic signs on city roadways.
- Removal of all city trees which are dead.
- Trim city trees which have dead branches or are encroaching on, or causing damage to, private property.
- Remove city trees which are clogging any sewer laterals or interfering with any utilities.
- Curbside leaf removal season runs from November 1st to January 31st.
- Curbside branch pick up runs from February 1st to October 31st.
- Curbside bagged leaf removal year round as requested. Please call (856) 794-4250 to request a pick-up.
The Division also maintains two city-operated composting facilities. Residents can bring leaves and brush to the composting facility at 1271 South Mill Road Monday thru Friday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, and Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm; or
Residents can also bring leaves and grass to the composting facility located at 2195 Union Road Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm when open. Call first before going to the site to make sure it is open. The number to call is (856) 794-4250.
Free screened leaf compost is available at both of the above sites for Vineland residents when open. Also wood chips are available at the Mill Road site when open.