The Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I) is responsible for protecting the life, health, and safety of the general public by enforcing building safety standards and other code requirements according to New Jersey state statue or municipal ordinance. Contractors, businesses, property owners, landlords, and tenants in the City of Vineland are all served by the Department.
L&I includes the following Divisions, Code Enforcement, Licensing, Uniform Construction Code Enforcement, and Zoning. Services provided by the various Divisions include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect construction projects to ensure they meet construction and fire codes.
- Inspect higher-risk properties for compliance with all state and municipal codes.
- Respond to complaints regarding various code violations.
- Inspect, monitor, seal, and demolish vacant and/or dangerous buildings.
- Review plans and issue permits according to building, zoning, plumbing, and electrical codes.
- Help landlords and tenants with questions regarding their individual responsibilities.