The Business Administrator is the Director of the Department of Administration, one of the ten municipal departments which the City may have under the Mayor-Council form of government established by State statute.
Other responsibilities of the Department include:
- Coordination of management directives from the Mayor's Office to the other departments
- Assistance in preparation of the municipal budget
- Grants management
- Labor negotiations
- City Council agenda preparation
- Management of the local educational and governmental TV Channels 9 and 41
- Sale of City-owned properties
- Coordination of requests for street closings
- Americans with Disabilities Act compliance
The Business Administrator's office maintains a City comment hotline: 856-794-4000
extension 4444, for people wishing to submit comments or complaints. During working hours, the comment hotline will be answered by a City employee ready to assist the caller. During non-working hours, callers may leave a message. Interested persons may also submit their thoughts to email@example.com
Inquiries regarding City-owned properties may be addressed to the Business Administrator's Office in writing by regular mail or by e-mail, or by telephone. Please include the address, block and lot (if known), your name, address, and phone number. The Business Administrator's Office will conduct a survey of all municipal departments to determine whether or not the property is needed for public use, and will provide a response to you as soon as possible.