The City of Vineland has appropriated $250,000 of its federal Community Development Block Grant CARES Funds (CDBG-CV) to assist households struggling to meet their rental or mortgage obligations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The grant is to assist households that are facing the risk of eviction or foreclosure.
Vineland residents with a household income that does not exceed 80% of the area median income as the date of application; were current on their rent or mortgage as of March 2020; reside in a house or apartment building of no more than four (4) units, and had a COVID-related loss of income.
ELIGIBLE USE OF FUNDS
The funds may be used for up to six months of rent or mortgage payments paid directly to the landlord or mortgage company for their personal residence. Participants will be required to pay 30% of their income toward the rent or mortgage unless there are extenuating circumstances.
The monthly assistance is capped at HUD’s FY 2020 Fair Market Rent for the Vineland MSA area for both rent or mortgage assistance but shall not exceed a 6-month total of $10,000.
- Applicants must have either a rental agreement or mortgage in their name.
- Applicants must provide documentation of all household income, including any unemployment collected by any member of household from March 2020 to the present.
- Provide documentation of a COVID-related loss of income such as layoff, reduced work hours, unpaid leave due to daycare closures.
- Applicant must show that they are not receiving enough assistance to pay rent or mortgage and other necessary household expenses.
- Landlords/Mortgage companies must agree to waive late fees and penalties accrued on any past due rent or mortgage payments.
- Payments will be made directly to property owner or mortgage company.
- Applicant will be required to complete an application and certifications.
- Applicant and landlord or mortgage company will both be required to sign an assistance agreement.
- Applicants must disclose all assistance received to insure no duplication of benefits.
- Funds are available to all eligible applicants meeting program requirements until all funds are distributed. The City reserves the right to reject applications that it deems do not meet the criteria of the program.
The application for the program can be found at www.vinelandcity.org under COVID Assistance Program. For additional information, please email CAP@vinelandcity.org or call 856-794-4100.