What are your hours of operation?
The Department of Personnel's general office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm excluding legal holidays.
How can I find out about City of Vineland employment opportunities?
1. Job openings are posted outside the Personnel Office located at 640 E. Wood Street, 5th Floor, Vineland, NJ.
2. Channels 9 (Comcast) and 41 (Verizon Fios), the City of Vineland's Cable Channel
3. On the City of Vineland's Department of Personnel and Job Postings web pages
4. On an as needed basis, advertisements may be placed in newspapers to attract applicants with the required skills, training and experience.
When can I submit an employment application?
Applications are accepted in the Personnel Office when positions are available. Resumes are also accepted in lieu of application forms, though they may be submitted as a supplement to the application form.
Do I have to be a City of Vineland resident to apply for employment?
There is a residency requirement to work for the City of Vineland and a residency affidavit must be signed at time of hire. If you do not live in the City of Vineland at the time of hire, you have one year from date of hire to become a resident.
Will the privacy of my employment application be maintained?
Yes. It is the city's priority to maintain all personal information of our applicants confidential.
Back to top
Are drug tests and background checks required prior to employment?
Yes, drug tests are required for all new hires. All prospective employees are required to undergo a physical and urinalysis. Also, a background and motor vehicle check is required as well as finger prints.
How long will my name stay on a list of eligibles from the State of New Jersey Department of Personnel for a classified position within the City of Vineland?
Your name will remain on the list of eligibles with the State of New Jersey Department of Personnel for three years.
Does the City of Vineland have labor unions?
How frequently are city employees paid?
City Employees are paid on a weekly basis.
What opportunities do you have in law enforcement, and what are the requirements?
The City of Vineland offers the following options in the field of law enforcement:
1. To become a Police Officer with the City of Vineland, the applicant must take a Law Enforcement exam administered by the New Jersey Department of Personnel .
2. Part-time Special Law Enforcement Officers may apply at anytime.
When and how can I apply for a Firefighter position?
1. To become a Firefighter with the City of Vineland, the applicant must take a Firefighter exam administered by the New Jersey Department of Personnel .
2. To become a volunteer firefighter you must contact the Department of Fire.